"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out" Robert Collier

Sunday, May 8, 2011

A report from yesterday

Yesterday was a big day for me.  I got up really early (as in 5.50am) and went to Kingswood for an early morning walk with a fellow 12WBT'er and my Sydney Boy.  I'm not sure how far we walked for as my fellow 12WBT'er hasn't sent me the calculations yet and I forgot to put my app on but I burnt off 459 calories which I was pretty happy with...


Photobucket

Afterwards, we headed to the Blue Mountains as I've always wanted to go there, but just never made it.  We had a wonderful time, except for the fact I ignored the sign to walk on the carpet and not the board walk in wet and cold weather and managed to slip.  My right foot went sliding down the ramp as my left knee came down onto the board walk and slid too.  I now have a big nasty gash on my left knee, even though I was wearing long pants.  It's so sore and hurts to bend, not to mention I had a really bad night's sleep last night because every time the sheet touched it, it woke me up :(

With the arthritis in my right knee playing up in the last couple of days and now my left knee is sore to move, I'm glad that today was my rest day anyway.  Not sure how I'll go with tomorrow's exercise.  Guess I'll just have to push through it eh!?  Just so you know I'm not making it up... here's a pic:

Photobucket

I managed to burn 114 calories anyway for the walk between the railway and the cable way despite the sore knee, and I forgot to start my HRM after we got off the sky way and went for another walk, but oh well...

Photobucket

I was also really proud of myself that I had also packed a healthy lunch (Open Chicken Burgers) to assemble and eat for lunch, as well as a banana and an orange (pre cut so there were no excuses!).  I'm really glad I did because I would have been very tempted by the hot chips and chicken nuggets in the Kiosk!

So minus the knee injury it was a good day :)

1 comment: