"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out" Robert Collier

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Pre-season task 3: Goal setting

This would have to be the task that I have had the most trouble with so far.  I guess in part it's because if I get pregnant by the end of the 12WBT, the goals will no longer be achievable.  If I don't get pregnant by the end of this 12WBT, I wonder whether I'm setting myself up for failure.  And there you have it folks, that element of doubt, that seedling of wonderment, wondering whether I will be able to do it.  I know in my heart of hearts I can, but that scared little girl in the back of my mind tells me, but what if you can't?  Now is the time to shut that little brat up once and for all, by making some goals that I can work towards.

So, here goes...

Weight

  • To lose at least 1kg per week
  • To get back into double figures (the 90's)
  • To weigh less than my boyfriend (94kg)
  • To lose at least 12kg during the 12WBT
  • To get back into the 80's (on the scales that is!)
  • To lose at least 24kg in 6 months
  • To lose at least 40kg in 12 months
Exercise
  • To burn 400 calories in a workout by the end of week 2 
  • To burn 500 calories in a workout by the end of week 4
  • To complete C25K program in the allotted time.
Clothes
  • To fit back into size 16
  • To fit back into size 14
  • To fit back into size 12
Misc goals
  • To get pregnant (the BIG one, the motivator) 
  • To maintain a good diet and regular exercise when I move, despite losing my routine - I'll manage this by being organised before I leave Sydney and knowing what items from the kitchen (mainly spices etc) I will need for the week before my Sydney Boy flies up to be with me.  I'll have a good filling breakfast before I leave home on Saturday morning, pack my snacks, and also take a packed lunch so there's no temptations at the airport or on the way to my in-law's place.  I'll go straight to the shops on my way to their place so I can get all the food I need for dinner that night so I am not tempted by unhealthy take away.  Exercise wise, I'll make Saturday my day off training as this I think will be the busiest day with the least time.  On Sunday, I will use my exercise time to go for a jog/walk around the neighbourhood and get acquainted with where things are so I'm making good use of my time.
Rewards
I have had a hard time thinking of anything I could use as rewards.  The obvious ones that aren't food related (massage, pedicure etc) are all things I'd get done anyway so I don't think they can be used as rewards, at least not at the moment because there's little motivation in me saying today, when I reach 10kg loss, I will get a pedicure because by then, I'll have had 2 of them or something so there'll be little point.  I think as I hit 5kg losses, I'll decide then and there what I want to use as a reward for my next goal - it might be going to the movies to see a new release movie that I really want to see, or it could be buying a new outfit I've spotted.  I think doing this will make it more relevant and motivating. 

2 comments:

  1. awesome goals! cant wait to see how ya go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe have these goals and if you end up pregnant just do a new set of goals! I suppose things change and goals change too! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete