"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out" Robert Collier

Sunday, May 22, 2011

If you can dream it - you can achieve it

"I want you to paint me a word picture. Pretend today is not today. You are not nervous, or overwhelmed or apprehensive or excited about the next 12 weeks. You are none of those things because you have LIVED it! You are at the finish line!"


Today I have just finished the City 2 Surf.  I'm hot.  I'm sweaty.  I smell from the sweat.  I'm thirsty.  My legs hurt.  My feet hurt.  My hands are red and swollen.  


I did it.  I completed the City 2 Surf again.  This time though, I blitzed it.  Shaved some time off last year's time.  Best of all though, I beat my Sydney Boy.  Last year he was half an hour faster than me.  Not this year.  


It wasn't as hard as last year though.  This time I was ready for it. 


I actually trained for the event this time so in some ways, today was easier.  Yet it was harder.  I pushed myself harder than I did last year.  I'm also about 10 kilos lighter than this time last year, 20 something kilos lighter than I was at my heaviest.  That makes today much easier - much less weight to have to carry around on these feet of mine.


I'm proud of myself.  I have now managed to eat clean for not only the 12 weeks of the 12WBT, but the 6 weeks prior to that too.  That's a total of 18 weeks with NO junk food.  NO chocolate, NO takeaway, NO soft drink.  It hasn't always been easy, I wont lie - life gets in the way sometimes and not only have I had to be disciplined and learn the art of saying "no thanks, I'm not hungry" to someone offering bad food, even if I was ravishing but I've had to be super organised to make sure those situations are few and far between.  I've eaten my 'healthy' food while sitting across the table from my boyfriend who is eating food full of crap.  I've not been tempted to have any.


I have managed to exercise 6 days a week for the last 12 weeks, plus the 6 weeks before the 12WBT started.  Even when I'm tired, busy, cold.  Even when I didn't feel like it.


I look over at my boyfriend and see how proud he is of how far I've come.  He loved me before, there was never any doubt about that.  Now though, there's admiration for the strength I've shown to do this.


All the hard work and dedication has paid off and I couldn't be happier.


Best of all though, I've just found out that I'm pregnant.  The City 2 Surf pales in comparison to this news.  Every day I felt tired, busy, cold, didn't feel like it, I trained anyway reminding myself that every kilo I lose will make me 1 kilo closer to getting pregnant.  Every time I looked at bad food and thought "that would be nice", I asked myself whether I'd prefer that food or the baby.  


I chose the baby.  And guess what? I am getting one!


Hard work DOES pay off.  Eating healthy and exercising is the key to weight loss.  Who would've thought?!

4 comments:

  1. Oh bless xx

    I can taste your joy!

    And from someone whom babies do not come easily to I pray you are blessed and soon.


    You are doing great things there xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kath - this is our 8th cycle, so really would like to get a BFP soon!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. i believe in you my sweets! you are amazing! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my.. a funny stroke of irony. the word that i had to type in just now to do the comment was 'fatteys' hehe.

    ReplyDelete