"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out" Robert Collier

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

I just found my ultimate commitment

I jumped onto Facebook this afternoon and saw this post:
Photobucket

I had already put the City 2 Surf as one of my goals, but when I saw this post, that was it, it sealed the deal.

Pregnancy loss is an issue close to my heart after having a miscarriage of my own almost 3 years ago (5 June) and I think that the Bears of Hope organisation do a wonderful job.  I just wish I'd have been given a bear when I lost my twins 3 years ago.

For every $45 I can raise, a gift bag will be given to a baby lost family in honour of my baby/ies which includes (amongst a number of things) a bear, candle, photo frame, poem etc etc.

If that wasn't enough, when I read that if I raise $250 I can get a personalised shirt that says "I am running for XXXX", I realised that whether or not I raise the $250 for that shirt, I will make it my mission to run for not only my twins, but all of the babies taken too soon from their parents, and for all those parents who have been left heartbroken, feeling isolated and alone, that nobody 'gets it' and that nobody cares.

I care.  I 'get it' and they are not alone.

To seal the deal, I posted it in my status update on my own Facebook:

Photobucket

There's no turning back now.  

1 comment: