"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out" Robert Collier

Sunday, May 29, 2011

A big week - Week 1

Well as often goes in my life I always seem to tackle things at the hardest of times.  The last time I went on a "health kick" was just before Christmas, two Christmases ago.  It was horrible watching everyone eat all that food while I was trying to be healthy, not to mention being at my parents' place with all the temptations (and at times, being offered) of chocolate, softdrink and potato chips.

This time, I just started following the meal plans in Mish's Crunchtime Cookbook just before Easter and therefore abstained from chocolate over Easter.

So, of course Week 1 and I have to fly up to Queensland for a job interview on Thursday night.  Which means working the same hours I'd normally do in my 5 day week in 4 days.  Which means longer hours each day.  Which also means getting my nails done after work one night because they were looking ratty and I couldn't go to an interview with ratty nails.  Which of course meant going after work.  Which of course all translates to is really long days, longer than what I'm used to.  I was wrecked the entire week.

I'm not a morning person, I can't (or perhaps choose not to) get up early in the morning to exercise - the reasons why are another blog post though.

All this meant that I didn't exercise much.  Excuses? Perhaps.  But it is also the reality in which I lived last week.

I ate clean, I made sure of it.  I wanted to minimise the damage done by not exercising.  I took dinner with me to work and ate it before I went to the airport on Thurs night so I wasn't tempted by any food at the airport or on the plane.  I had a filling breakfast on Friday before I went to the city.  I chose a salad from Sumo Salad for lunch.  I was staying with a friend who is also doing the 12WBT which meant that Friday night and Sat morn were safe as we were eating the same stuff.  On Saturday I took healthy snacks with me in my handbag to eat on the plane or at the airport so I wasn't tempted once again by unhealthy food.  I'm pleased to say it worked.  I didn't eat any unhealthy food the whole time!!!

I made up for it today for Super Saturday (but on Sunday).   I did week 1 and week 2 of the C25K podcast down in Parramatta Park and then down by the river to finish off.  Only burnt off 724 calories but I'm still happy with that given that was in an hour and a half.  I could have done extra if I had the time today.

Tomorrow I'll be back on the horse though.

I'm not quite sure how I'm going to handle the end of the week though.  Monday and Tuesday I'll be fine.  Wednesday afternoon I am getting my nails touched up after work and then catching up with an old work colleague before I go.  Thursday afternoon I have a hairdressing appointment after work.  Friday afternoon I have a spray tan booked (and let's face it, I can't jog after that!!!).

I know some would say JFDI and get up in the morning early and while I'll aim to do it at least two days out of the three, it's really going to make me as exhausted as I feel this week.  I asked Lisa the Dietician on the forum about my issue with exercising in the morning and making me lethargic for the rest of the day, and she recommended I see the doctor as I have done everything she would have suggested.  I can't see a doctor til I've moved so it's going to make it difficult.

Anyway I'd best finish this post here, it's taken me hours to write as I've been packing and cooking in between.  Hope it all makes sense! I'd read over it, but I really must hit the shower and head to bed.

Night!
xo

1 comment:

  1. i too find it difficult to exercise in the morning. my brain kind of goes into a "why the hell aren't you sleeping" mode after i exercise. funnily enough when i exercise at night, i'm then wide awake!

    ReplyDelete