"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out" Robert Collier

Friday, May 6, 2011

Pre-season task 4: Gear Up

So pre-season task 4 was pretty easy for me - I have plenty of singlets and a work out t-shirt and a couple pairs of long pants so I'm all set (will just steal Sydney Boy's jumper in winter when it's cold ;) hehe).

The exciting news though is that I managed to get a FT7 Polar Heart Rate Monitor from Rebel Sport yesterday for $149.99, saving $50.  Pretty stoked about that.  I used it last night at the gym and burnt up 358 calories which I was a little disappointed at as I would have thought I'd have burnt off more.  Guess that's all part of the learning process though eh?

Today I had PT but my arthritis in my knees have been really bad so we stuck to the reformer 'contraption', I don't know what it's called but it looks like a torture device.  I only burnt 312 calories today and most of that was on the very brisk walk to the gym (yes I counted that because I use that as a warm up so I'm warmed up and ready to go for my PT session).

I've also started to document calories in and calories out.  Weigh in day is Sunday so I'm a bit late to do the mathematical equations to see how accurate they are, but I'll start documenting it all anyway so from Sunday I'll know...

The only thing I do need to acquire is socks... YAY

Bring on pre-season task 5!

2 comments:

  1. yeah I'd love some new clothes but have trouble getting clothes for size 22! and also I'm short so I need to find 3/4 pants! hahaha But will use it as a reward when I lose the weight!
    umm I take Mag Phos for my aches! My knee plays up so much! I fell down a cliff 15 years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I don't want to get any new clothes now because I figure with any luck, no scratch that, with all my hard work, I will outgrow them soon anyway. I reckon there should be a 12WBT Clothes Swap! All my size 18s won't fit me before long and I don't want to go and buy new clothes I'm going to grow out of quickly. The clothes swap page I found is just people selling clothes. I don't want to buy new stuff, and I don't need the cash for my old ones if you know what I mean...

    Most of the time my knees are bearable but I think because I have been doing more with my legs etc, it's playing up. I'll see how it goes in the next couple weeks and if it gets too bad, I'll start taking the high strength fish oil again (that stuff tastes awful!) but if that doesn't work I'll try Mag Phos...Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete