"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out" Robert Collier

Monday, June 13, 2011

Since the move...

So it's been a couple of weeks since I last updated this blog, mainly because life has been so insanely crazy with organising to move interstate, and then the actual moving.  

My most exciting news is that because I couldn't weigh in on Wednesday (because everything was still in Sydney, then we couldn't find the TV power cord to set the Wii up blah blah blah), I weighed in today to discover that I have lost another 3.2kg since I last weighed in 12 days ago.  So freakin' happy.  Even more exciting is that this brings me to exactly 15kg loss so far!!!! I almost can't believe it!!!!!!

I've kept up with squeaky clean eating the entire time which I'm incredibly proud of myself.  On my first day back at work last week, my old supervisor had brought in some little fairy cupcakes to welcome me back.  I was trying to work out in my head how to tell her that I don't eat cupcakes any more when she found out that our Director was not coming to the morning tea and she was so upset I didn't want to upset her any more by not eating the cupcake so I ate it.  I didn't even want to eat it, that's the stupid thing.  I was disappointed to have broken my squeaky clean eating streak with the cupcake I didn't even want, but proud that while eating it, I didn't even really want to eat it.  I skipped my afternoon snack (which is OK) to make sure I remained within my calorie count for the day.  Does it count if I didn't want to eat it in the first place? LOL

The exercise hasn't been so great though since moving here.  I've really struggled.  I have been leaving work at 4.45pm, getting a 5pm train home but by the time I get home it's 6pm.  There's no way I'm walking/running around this suburb after dark (or even at dusk) on my own given the high crime rate and dodgy surroundings. The only thing I have done since I've been here is go to boot camp on the weekend (I went to the one at New Farm on my second day in Brisbane, despite being exhausted from moving stuff).

I've got to get onto organising a gym membership which I'll hopefully do this week or the next (depending on $$$).  I've decided now that things are unpacked and I have a backpack again, I'm going to take everything to work in that with gym gear until I get a gym membership and in the afternoons, I will walk/jog over to South Bank and catch the train from there instead of Central.  It'll mean I get home later but that's not a big deal.  It might not be as much as I should be doing, but that's gotta be better than nothing I figure.

So as you can see, it's little wonder I'm thrilled with a 3.2kg loss given the lack of exercise.  I was seriously praying that my eating had been squeaky clean enough to get me over the 1kg loss/week line so when it was 3.2kg for 12 days, I was stoked!!!!

YAY for me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment