"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out" Robert Collier

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Intro

So this is me.  This is where I start.  My 12WBT is about to begin.


A little about me:
I'm 25 years old and live in Sydney with my darling boyfriend, let's call him Sydney Boy... I won't bore you with our love story, but if you're really bored and really interested, you can check out my old blog: http://a-datebook.blogspot.com/


Where I've come from:
I've always been overweight, although growing up, I was told that I was just 'big boned'.  I was picked on at school (weren't we all?) and often called Fat-Maree (instead of Ann-Maree).  


I always hated sport and my grandmother or my mother would usually be persuaded to write me a note so I didn't have to participate.  I hated it partly because of the teasing I copped from others, and also because I felt uncoordinated.  The only thing I enjoyed was netball which I played once a week.


My mum worked split shifts, so it was left to my grandmother to feed and bathe me etc.  My grandmother used to cook the same thing every night: meat and two veges.  Which, I guess was sort of healthy (if you don't count the sausages) but the desert that followed sure wasn't.  I guess this is where my love of sweet foods came from.  After my mum finished working due to injury when I was in year 6, she wasn't much used to cooking and couldn't cope with having to cook a meal every night for my dad, my brother and myself as she was so used to heating up what my grandmother had cooked instead.  So, pretty soon, our dinner used to consist of anything that was in a box that could be nuked (ie microwaved) or put in the oven.  She used to struggle with her weight (and still does) and so when she did go on a health kick, salads would be boring and consist of something like iceberg lettuce, tomato, cheese and ham.  I never realised salad could be even remotely delicious!


Where I want to be:
I want to get down to a healthy weight.  I want to be able to wear a bikini on the beach again.  I want to be able to buy knee high boots and not have to pay hundreds of dollars when others can get a pair for $50 from Target.  I want to feel more attractive than I do.  I want a baby and being overweight is not going to help get me pregnant, or help me have an easy pregnancy (is there even such a thing?! ).  I don't need to lose a lot of weight at once, as long as I'm consistently losing some weight I know one day I'll get to where I need and want to be.


How will I get there? 
I've just joined Michelle Bridges 12 Week Body Transformation.  I will work toward my goals with the guidance of Michelle Bridges meal plans and exercise routine.  This blog will record my journey.


Sit back, pop open your water (no more coffee or bubbles for me!) and enjoy the ride.  I have a feeling, it's gonna be one hell of a ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment